Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sweet Potato Hash

Tonight I made Sweet Potato Hash and spinach salad. They don't really "go" together, but I have lots of spinach. The hash is one of my all time favorite recipes. I don't even know why. It is just so good. It is from Rachael Ray, her recipe title is much longer.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_31461,00.html

I leave out the jalapeno and the cheese, just because there are so many flavors in this dish that you really don't miss them. I sometimes leave out other things too, like the tomatoes if I don't have any. Sometimes I make it with my homemade turkey sausage, but tonight I used a package (at least it is reduced fat!) so I'll save that recipe for later. I scramble the eggs, just because it is easier.

Ratings:

Me: The sweet potatoes are just sweet and creamy and yummy and the fresh herbs are so tasty. Like Rachael suggests, I eat the leftovers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And I don't get tired of it.

Hubby: He usually eats this without too much trouble, but tonight he had a very very small helping. Oh well, obviously this is one of my favorites, not his.

5YO: He chose to eat 2 bananas and an apple instead of what I made for dinner.

4YO: Ate the eggs with ketchup, and got very excited about the "leaves" in the salad. She ended up eating several "leaves."

1YO: Didn't like the "leaf" his sister gave him, but he liked the eggs.

No comments: