Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Garlic Lemon Salmon

Fish is healthy, fast and easy to prepare, AND my kids like it, so why does it have to be expensive? Figures. They'll eat salmon, talapia, and mild fish like that, but they are more suspicious of shrimp or other-shaped/textured seafood. Me, I love seafood of any kind. There is a lot I haven't tasted, but I figure if I like octopus I can probably handle a lot of it.

This salmon, like a lot of things I make, is not really much of a recipe, just a simple way of getting it cooked. My family likes squeezing lemon wedges over it (and my MIL is constantly bring me fresh lemons from her tree), and it is easy to make rice and a salad to round out the meal. I think the key to getting it flavorful is the garlic, but a little bit goes a long way.

Salmon pieces
salt and pepper
olive oil
garlic, pressed (or minced)
lemons, juiced
parsley, chopped

Preheat oven to 350. Season both sides of salmon pieces and cook in a shallow baking dish for about 20 minutes. It doesn't change color when cooked like other meats, but it is done when it flakes easily with a fork. It tastes much better when you don't overcook it, so don't wait for it to brown.

Ratings:

Everyone but the 4YO had some and enjoyed it. I think it might be the first time the 1YO has eaten fish!

No comments: