Monday, March 2, 2009

Turkey and Hominy

I have a love/hate relationship with this meal. Sometimes I love it, sometimes it sounds so gross. But it is easy and filling, and sometimes tasty. I guess I have to be in the mood for it.

1 lb. ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
1 t garlic, minced
2 cans (15 oz. each) diced tomatoes
1 T chili powder
1 1/2 t cumin
1 t salt
1/2 t mustard
1/2 t thyme
1/4 t allspice
1/4 t pepper
2 cans (15 0z each) hominy, drained and rinsed

Brown the turkey, onion, and garlic in a little bit of olive oil until the meat is cooked through and the onion is soft. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until warmed through.

Serve over rice. I usually opt for brown.

My husband said it was really good. Probably because he was starving, and I haven't made it in a year or two. 2yo loved it, especially the hominy. I must have been in the mood this time because it was pretty tasty.

No comments: