Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Potato Tomato Chicken

This is a really simple recipe that I saw Martha Stewart make a few years ago on TV. I'm pretty sure she called it something else. I made it tonight to take to a friend who just had a baby because I like to take dinners in those disposable tins but I don't really like casseroles. (Believe me, it is part of the gift to not have them have to clean and keep track of and return the dishes. I still have a blue pyrex bowl that I'm not sure who it belongs to, but it was given to me with a meal when the 6yo was born. We've moved to three different states since then so I think they are never getting it back.)

4 plum tomatoes
4 yukon gold potatoes (I don't peel)
1/4 c chopped fresh oregano (or a couple tablespoons dried)
salt and pepper
3 1/2 lb. chicken, cut in pieces (or any chicken pieces) (I usually take the skin off because ew)
1/4 c olive oil

Cube the tomatoes and potatoes. Then toss it all together in a roasting pan. Arrange the chicken skin side up (or where the skin used to be). Roast for 45 minutes at 450.

No comments: