Saturday, March 14, 2009

Chilied Pork and Cilantro Sauce

This is another recipe from my sister's cookbook. It reminds me of the flavor of Turkey and Hominy, but it is really very different. I don't know why, but I almost always overcook pork, so I'll either have to exercise restraint when I make this, or use chicken as my sister suggests.

1 lb. pasta (I use Barilla Plus or the store brand equivalent--multigrain and healthier than regular pasta)
2 T olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1/2 lb. boneless pork chop, in 1 inch cubes
3/4 t cumin
1/2 t coriander
1 t chili powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c diced tomato, canned or fresh
3 T chopped cilantro

Cook pasta according to package directions. While it is cooking, heat oil in a skillet. Add onion and pork and cook for about 5 minutes. Add spices and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomato and cook for 1 minute. Add cilantro and simmer for 1 minute. Toss with pasta.

No comments: