Monday, October 19, 2009

Quilters Soup

I'm not sure why it is called quilters. I don't quilt so I couldn't tell you. My friend who gave me this recipe said she likes it because you can make the whole thing from your food storage. I changed a couple things because of what I had around, but it was easy and very very filling.

2 cans Italian Stewed crushed tomatoes

2 cans water

1 can corn, drained (I used some frozen)

1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained (I don't like kidney beans much, so I just used extra black beans)

1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained

2 cans chicken, drained (I used some leftover chicken I had)

1 pkg. Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix (McCormick) (I used some chili powder, thyme, and oregano)

Place all ingredients in a large saucepan, bring to a boil and then simmer for at least 45 minutes. Or cook on low in the crockpot all day. Then go make a quilt. She said serve with corn chips, but I knew the kids would eat only the chips, so I made cornbread instead.

No comments: