Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Garlic Soup

I made this soup just for me. I didn't expect anyone else to even try it. Good thing, because once I tasted it I didn't want to share it.

Everyone knows Violet Beauregard in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. She turns into a blueberry. But right before she does, she is chewing gum that tastes just like real food, she could even feel it going down her throat. That is what I thought as I was eating this soup. It is so full-flavored, it feels like you are eating something you need to chew.

You will find the recipe here.

I omitted the bay leaf (just because I'm not a fan). I substituted some very sharp cheddar for the parmesan, because I had just used the last of the parmesan in the quinoa risotto (oops). My soup ended up looking a little curdled, I'm not sure if that is how it is, or if it was because of the substitution, or if I just wasn't scientific enough when I tempered the eggs. So being the sloppy cook I am, I probably wouldn't serve this to guests, but it tasted wonderful. I recommend it for anyone who is sick as it will clear those sinuses right up, and for anyone who is healthy, too.

No comments: