Friday, September 12, 2008

Chicken Verde

I just realized I have never posted one of my favorite easy recipes. I know we ate it sometime in the last few months, when I was forgetting to post anything. I got it from my friend Honor, and I made it shortly after giving birth to the 4YO. I picked it because it only had two ingredients. When I told Honor that I had chosen her recipe as the first post-partum dinner I made, she said, "I am honored, pun intended."

2-3 lbs. chicken (any kind, but if it has bones you'll have to debone it after it is cooked)
1 16 oz. jar salsa verde

Put chicken in a crockpot, pour salsa over. Cook on low 4-5 hours until chicken is cooked through. Shred, serve in tortillas with your favorite taco toppings. I also like to put a spoonful of rice in the tortilla with it.

To me, this tastes like chicken enchiladas, but without all the rolling and assembling.

No comments: