Sunday, June 7, 2009

Roasted Sweet Potato, Mango, and Edamame Salad

Another recipe from Poor Girl Eats Well. No one even tried it but me, but it was so tasty.

http://www.poorgirleatswell.com/2009/05/recipe-roasted-sweet-potato-mango-and.html

I loved the dressing, very simple but addicting.

A tip about cheap produce, go to those small Mexican grocery stores. Especially for something like mangos. I prefer the freshness of farmers markets, but you can't find unlocal things (like mangos) or unseasonal things there. Supermarket produce is of course convenient, but doesn't taste as good.

4 comments:

Kaija said...

I can't wait to try it! (BTW, Kirk was crushed that I ate all the leftover cherry tart...)

Jen said...

Hey Maren -
I just remembered about your food blog. I added it to my reading list now. I try to eat like you do. We don't always succeed. But, we share many of the same beliefs about how you should eat. Thanks for the great blog. I am going to try some recipes. Here is a favorite in our family for you to try. Buy a #10 can of diced tomatoes from costco. Chop a couple carrots, celery stalks and zucchini. Sautee them in a little olive oil in a large pot and add a bit of garlic toward the end. When they are done, dump in the tomatoes and sprinkle some italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for a couple hours until the liquid has cooked off. Serve over spaghetti squash instead of pasta. I cook the spaghetti squash in the microwave by piercing it with a fork and cooking for about 8-10 minutes. Then you can cut it open and scoop out the inside. This is a big hit in our house and makes lot os leftovers.

Kaija said...

where do you get the endame?

Maren said...

frozen section, whole foods and trader joes has it for sure, and sometimes safeway does too.