Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pork 'n' Rice

My mom made this a lot when I was growing up. It is something easy to make in the crockpot, but she always used whatever cheap (which means full of greasy fat) piece of pork she found on sale. She'd drain the fat, but since that is a messy process that still ends up with lots of fat in the food, I usually opt for better pieces of pork. This time I used a pork tenderloin that was marinated with barbecue sauce because it was buy one get one free. Other times I've used pork chops, sometimes leaving the portions whole instead of shredding. Growing up we called this "pork'n" that we put on top of the rice.

2 onions, sliced
6 carrots, cut into bite size pieces
pork, maybe 2 lbs?
barbecue sauce

Layer everything in the crockpot and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Shred the pork and stir everything until well combined. Serve over rice.

No comments: