Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Korean Beef Barbecue (Bulgogi)

I actually got a "WOW! This is really good!" from the pickiest eater--my husband. At first I thought he was being sarcastic, but he really meant it. I liked that it was easy to prepare ahead of time and then just throw it in a skillet while the rice cooked.

5 T soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped (I was out so used powdered, I'm sure it will be better when I use the real thing)
2 T sesame oil
4 green onions, sliced
1 T toasted sesame seeds
2 lbs. sirloin steak, sliced very thin
red leaf lettuce
short grain sticky rice

Combine marinade ingredients. Separate steak slices in a bowl. Pour in marinade and mix until meat is evenly covered. Cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours. Cook meat thoroughly in a large skillet. Serve with sticky rice and whole lettuce leaves, wrapped taco-style.

No comments: