Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dollar Store (?!?) fish

This is a little gross maybe. But I was intrigued when I stumbled across frozen tilapia at the dollar store. It was a small portion (one serving), but when can you get a fish dinner for $1? I got the orange and ginger flavor, and then tonight when my husband was out of town I popped it into the toaster oven for 10 minutes. (The kids ate pancakes.) I thought it was quite tasty, with the sweet and spicy sauce. It would have been great in a stir-fry with rice or noodles. I should have eaten it with a salad or something. but since the only good thing about husband being gone is that I don't have to put any effort into dinner I didn't want to work too hard. I thought it was pretty good as long as I don't think too much about what corners had to be cut to make it cost a dollar.

No comments: