Monday, April 6, 2009

White Bean and Kale Soup

If the name of this recipe turns you off, stop reading. There are only a few other ingredients besides the white beans and kale. I thought it was very good, even though I wasn't sure about the texture of the kale. Next time I think I'll put the kale in at the same time as the broth so it can get a little softer. Or use a different kind of greens, like maybe chard? Would that work better, or would it be about the same? I will also double the rosemary and the beans next time.

http://vegetarianation.blogspot.com/2009/03/kale-and-white-bean-soup.html

I didn't even offer it to anyone else in the family. (I think I'm feeling a little bitter lately at some people's uncooperativeness...) My sister was over and she had some. 2yo saw me eating it and asked for some, and he liked it, although I was afraid he'd choke on the kale so I steered around it except for the smallest pieces. I'm excited to eat the leftovers for lunch all week.

No comments: