Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pork Medallions with Potato Pancakes from Poor Girl Eats Well

I found this blog http://poorgirleatswell.blogspot.com that features food that is cheap (as the name suggests), but it is also healthy and simple. This is the first time I have found a recipe blog that does all that. Usually, the healthy ones have you searching for unusual sometimes expensive ingredients, the simple ones call for processed unhealthy ingredients thrown in, and I just found an "eat cheap" one that had a recipe for tater tot casserole. No thank you. So far I really like this Poor Girl blog, I hope she adds many more recipes like this pork one I made last night. I used pork chops instead of loin (so I didn't have cute medallions), and I used frozen hash browns because I had some and didn't have potatoes. The glaze was delicious (although I got kind of confused as the recipe wasn't clear on what to do with it, deglaze the pan with half of it and then what? And drizzle it on top, but what do you do with the other half?) I really liked it with cilantro on top. Even my husband liked it, and as you know that doesn't happen very often. The kids liked the "pancakes," but will probably take a few more times before they are adventurous enough to try the meat. A delicious meal, and I'm excited to try more things from her blog.

Apparently her website is having trouble at the moment, so I can't get the link, but go to her blog (when it is working) and look for Pork Medallions and Balsamic Honey Glaze and Potato Pancakes.

No comments: